About Us

Alex and I met in May of 2008 and started dating. We fell for each other quickly and got engaged in January 2009. In May 2009 we were married and have been loving life since. We hope you enjoy a "bird's eye view" of our lives.

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

Marathon Day!

So the marathon. 
I'm having trouble loading pictures so those may have to wait. 
We woke up and ate one of the quietest  breakfasts ever. I'm sure it was due to the fact that we were all thinking about the feat that was looming in the near future. We got ready and stayed in the lobby until the marathon time was closer since it was so cold, then we headed for the start line. One of the most memorable things was as we headed for the start there was a line of men facing a fenced park off to the side of the road.  All of them with their pants down peeing. We saw many many moons that morning. The excitement was intense with all the 13,000 people ready to go. The announcer came on and said that we weren't here to start the race.... we were here to finish it... and then the gun sounded. Talk about nauseous! The race went well until about the half way point where I had a breakdown wanting to be done. Desi true to her promise stayed with me the entire time. She was amazing to do that, she would have finished literally hours before we did if it weren't for me. Fighting the mind game and exhaustion we finished. 
We did it! 
All my siblings, my husband, and my grandpa-in-law finished a full marathon in Dublin, Ireland. How awesome is that?

1 comment:

  1. Chels, you seriously are amazing!!! I know I always say that, but it is true! I was telling Jeff the other day how I would love to run a half marathon, because there is no way I could do a full one! Great job! I'm so glad all of your siblings were there and got to participate with you as well as Alex! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete

Followers